Minitab® Training is a course that provides students with the fundamental skills to operate Minitab and perform basic data analysis. Students navigate through practical examples and data worksheets to identify root causes and create reports. This course is ideal for those wishing to progress from analysis using Microsoft Excel to a more powerful statistical analysis tool. This course is also recommended for those who need additional exposure to the software after attending a Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt course.
After completing Minitab® Training, students will be equipped with a basic understanding of the following:
- The basic functions of Minitab® including data worksheets, the session window
- How to conduct basic analysis of data sets including descriptive statistics, graphical summary, cause-effect diagrams, histograms, doplots, Pareto charts, times series plots and more.
This course is for those who want to apply statistical concepts to software. Completion of Statistics: An Introduction for Beginners or equivalent is recommended.
Students will be assigned 5 homework assignments, and a final project for each course.
Introduction to Minitab:
- Data Manipulation
- Descriptive Statistics
- Basic Quality Tools
- Hypothesis Testing
- Sample Size Determination
- Linear Regression
- Analysis of Variance
Statistical Quality Control & Analysis
- Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies
- Process Capability
- Control Charts
- Multi-Vari Charts
- Design of Experiments
- Main & Interactive Effects Plots
- Sample Size
- Contour Plots
- Multiple Response
This course is Instructor-led and delivered through our award-winning online Learning Management System