Deliver innovative solutions to the marketplace by sharpening your knowledge of science and engineering developments. We offer online courses in breakthrough topics such as biofuels and alternative energy, polymer and material science, biotechnology, nanotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device technology, environmental and waste water treatment, just to name a few.
Algae Biofuel Online Course & Certificate
Biodegradable Polymers Online Course & Certificate
Biofuels- An Introduction: Online Course & Certificate
Biomass Treatment Technologies Online Course & Certificate
Biomedical Nanotechnology Online Course & Certificate
Biomedical Polymers Online Course & Certificate
Cellulose Ethanol Online Course & Certificate
Chemical Safety Online Course & Certificate
Clean Coal Technology Online Course & Certificate
This course provides an overview of the pharmaceutical industry, including basic information about drug discovery and development, FDA requirements and approval processes, drug dosage forms, and the role of key operational units in drug manufacturing processes. This course enables the students to: understand the role of the pharmaceutical industry in the global market and its implications; learn the fundamentals of the drug development cycle and the investment required to bring a drug to market; learn the most important drug manufacturing processes and the key elements of dosage formulation.
After completing Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: An Introduction, students will be equipped with a basic understanding of the following:
- understand the role of the pharmaceutical industry in the global market and its implications;
- learn the fundamentals of the drug development cycle and the investment required to bring a drug to market;
- learn the most important drug manufacturing processes and the key elements of dosage formulation.
No prior experience or coursework required.
Students will be assigned 5 homework assignments, and a final project for each course.
- Introduction to pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, including regulatory compliance, GMP, QA, CFR Part 11, validation issues, and FDA inspections
- Active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), chemical process technology
- Biochemical process technology
- Aseptic pharmaceutical manufacture
- Simple solution systems
- Semi-solid dispersed systems
- Pharmaceutical powders and encapsulation operations
- Pharmaceutical granulation and compression operations
- Pharmaceutical coating operations
- Aerosols and transdermal drug delivery systems
- Pharmaceutical packaging operations
- Pharmaceutical facilities
This course is Instructor-led and delivered through our award-winning online Learning Management System