Planning & Scheduling is a course that provides you all the tools you need to help you kick-start your Planning and Scheduling system. In our increasingly competitive marketplace, there is less tolerance for unplanned downtime. Industry is experiencing the pressure of rising costs, foreign competition, and the need to improve work force productivity. Companies must make productive use of all their resources — labor, material, capital — through best maintenance practices. Planning and Scheduling has the greatest profit potential of any maintenance function — a “sure-fire” way to quickly improve maintenance performance and productivity.
Based on current maintenance trends and technologies and our vast expertise, we provide you with information and activities to better equip you to implement Planning and Scheduling. This interactive session includes information on how to build a winning partnership with production, a step-by-step implementation plan, and detailed information on the daily role of the planner. As always, we present real-world illustrations on the fundamentals of Planning and Scheduling to help you increase productivity and lower overall costs — which means faster repairs, less downtime, and greater availability.
After completing Planning & Scheduling, students will be equipped with a basic understanding of the following:
- How to develop an effective business case for implementing or improving your planning and scheduling process
- The essential support systems for effective planning and scheduling and develop a plan for improving those systems
- The role of a planner/scheduler in an effective maintenance organization
- The value of an efficient Work Management Process Flow by process mapping your current system and analyzing the gaps
- How to identify work to be planned, and develop a Ranking Index for Maintenance Expense (RIME) priority system to assist personnel in ensuring work is being done in the proper order
- How to apply the fundamental concepts of an effective scheduling process
- The importance of proper work order closure and documentation to build good equipment history through complete and accurate data input
- How to improve performance by benchmarking and analyzing Key Performance Indicators
- High level concepts of project management for shutdowns and outages
- The importance of developing a partnership with production/operations, purchasing, engineering and other key stakeholders in the planning and scheduling process
- How to apply our proven step-by-step implementation process that combines field-tested change management techniques with a proven planning and scheduling process
No previous experience or coursework required
Students will be assigned 5 homework assignments, and a final project for each course.
-What is a patent?
-How to read a patent?
Confidentiality and non-disclosure
Conducting a patent search
Freedom to operate (FTO)
Claims and interpretation
Filing a patent application
-Time of ownership
-Filing and maintenance fees
This course is Instructor-led and delivered through our award-winning online Learning Management System