Interviewing Skills is a course designed to prepare students to answer questions typically asked during interviews for professional/technical roles. The course will cover strategies for creating an effective resume package needed to land that first interview. The course is an online workshop where students have the opportunity to practiceanswering interview questions. At the end of the course, students will have an opportunity to submit a personal resume for objective review.
After completing Interviewing Skills for Technical Professionals, students will understand the following:
- Why certain questions are asked during the interview
- How to prepare for the interview and provide the best response to every question
- How to write an effective resume and cover letter that gets interviews
This course is designed for professionals interested in, or currently working in the field of new product development, R&D, engineering, manufacturing, sales, or marketing.
Students will be assigned 5 homework assignments, and a final project for each course.
Part I– Fundamentals
- Lesson 1 – The Background Review
- Lesson 2 – Communication Assessment
- Lesson 3 – Professional/Technical Role Competencies
Part II – Types of Questions to Expect
- Lesson 4 – Developing Customer Partnerships
- Lesson 5 – Financial and Commercial Awareness
- Lesson 6 –Critical Analysis and Decision Making
- Lesson 7 –Personal Effectiveness and Improvement Focus
- Lesson 8 – Teamwork and Influencing Others
- Lesson 9 – Professional/ Technical Expertise
Part III – Applying for the Job
Lesson 10 – Resume, Cover Letter, and Executive Summary
This course is Instructor-led and delivered through our award-winning online Learning Management System