Negotiation is the art and science of securing an agreement between 2 or more independent
parties. Through understanding the behavior evidenced in competitive situations, the student
will develop negotiation skills which will prove to be a valuable asset in every area of life. This
course will allow students to develop negotiation skills experientially and understand negotiation in useful analytical frameworks. Considerable emphasis will be placed on negotiation exercises and role-playing in class, followed by group discussion, lecture and individual analysis.
After completing Negotiation Skills, students will be equipped with a basic understanding of the following:
- Become more aware of the importance of effective communication – especially listening.
- Learn what “pushes their buttons”, thus learning to stay more in control.
- Become far better at negotiating everyday situations, while maintaining their personal power.
- Know how important it is for everyone to “save face”.
- Become more organized in their thought process and ability to analyze.
- Build and ;maintain more successful relationships
No prerequisites are required.
Students will be assigned 5 homework assignments, and a final project for each course.
Module 1: Negotiating Basics
Module 2: The Importance of Knowledge and Information for Negotiating Well
Module 3: Common Negotiating Mistakes
Module 4: Using Trust, Human Behavior, and Psychology for Better Negotiations
Module 5: Win-win Negotiation
Module 6: The Ethics of Negotiation
Module 7: International Negotiating
Module 8: Making the Most of a Distant Situation
Module 9: Problematic Situations
Module 10: The Secrets to Powerful Negotiation
This course is Instructor-led and delivered through our award-winning online Learning Management System